The Tech-Neck Epidemic
Thursday, Feb 05, 2015
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Hosted by Dynamic Chiropractic
Agenda at a glance:
- It is currently estimated that Forward Head Posture (FHP) occurs in 90% of the U.S. adult population and with our increasing use of hand-held digital devices FHP (also known as “tech-neck”) is beginning to affect children at an alarming rate.
- Thanks in large part to the national media, the general public is not only becoming aware of this "tech-neck" epidemic but is also looking for a solution.
- Did You Know – FHP is a major contributing factor in the most common conditions treated in your clinical practice today?
- Acute symptoms caused by FHP can be temporarily relieved with traditional chiropractic manipulative therapy but true structural correction and subsequent long-term relief can only be achieved through the addition of extension traction therapy.
- Similar to orthodontics changing the alignment of teeth, extension traction therapy changes soft tissues in a controlled fashion in order to allow the spine to regain its normal structural curve.
- In this webinar, DC’s will learn how simply adding cervical extension traction therapy to any existing treatment protocol can significantly improve long-term outcomes in patients with the following symptoms related to FHP and reduced cervical lordosis:
- Headaches, migraines, neck pain, upper back pain, TMJ disorders, thoracic outlet syndrome, shoulder pain/dysfunction, carpal tunnel syndrome, and more.